Plumbing Service You Can Trust for your Vernon Hills Property
For more than 25 years and going strong, we have built and kept the trust of Vernon Hills area residents, and businesses all around by providing top notch service and dependability. When you choose the professionalism of Capps you are choosing:
Water heater sprung a bad leak and three hours later my new heater was in. Knew the prices and they were fair. Excellent workmanship. Neat, polite, friendly. Installed some extra valves and pointed out coupons I could use on the web site. Plumbers all seem to use a price schedule which is why I did not rate the experience 5 stars. That said, NO service using such a schedule would get 5 stars from me so these guys are about as good as it gets. i would definitely call them again.
Water heater services from Capps Plumbing include, but are not limited to:
- Expansion Tanks
- Maintenance, Cleaning & Inspection
Advice to Consider When Choosing the Right Water Heater for Your Rosemont Illinois Home
If you’re interested in learning about a different type of water heater instead of a conventional gas water heater for your home, it’s easier now than ever before! Several homes in Lake Forest feature gas tank water heaters installed, but there are a myriad of other choices available today! Below are listed some of the different types of water heater systems on the market so you can make the best choice on which option will be the best solution for your home:
Tankless Water Heater: A tankless water heater goes directly into your water line. Its design saves space and less prone to leakage. While keeping that in mind, they’ll need servicing every 5 years and heat your water regardless of what the temperature is.
Electric Water Heater: These operate in a very way to gas water heaters but they’re fueled by electricity rather than gas. Depending on the tank size your home needs, this can be a very cost-effective option for your home. It can also save you money on monthly energy costs.
Tankless Coil and Indirect Water Heaters: These water heaters feed directly into the heating system in order to heat the water. They’ll warm your home’s water absent any tank. The water streams throughout the heating coil or heat exchanger in the furnace or boiler to heat the water.
Heat Pump Water Heaters: This option uses electricity to transport heat from one place to another instead of creating heat directly. This process is much like to how a refrigerator works but in the opposite order. It brings in heat from the air and then places the heat into a tank to heat the water.
When it comes to choosing which water heater will be the best solution for your Vernon Hills home, there are three main points to consider :
Size: What size water heater will your home need to fulfill your household’s hot water demand? Bigger doesn’t always mean better because you could be wasting your money on something bigger than your home needs. However, a unit that’s too small won’t be able to keep up with the demand. Your home will constantly be running out of hot water. The tank size is also contingent on the amount space that’s been allocated for installation.
Energy Efficiency: Call Capps and let us explain how you can save money on your utility costs with a new energy efficient water heater. With today’s modern energy efficient models, you’ll be able to heat your home’s water efficiently but with less energy consumption. This reduced energy consumption translates into savings for you.
Costs: The main determining factor usually boils down to cost and what kind of price tag you have budgeted for a new water heater. Call Capps Plumbing today and let us research what discounts might be available to you on all water heater options. Capps will customize a cost-effective solution to meet your home’s needs.
Common Signs Your Need To Replace Or Repair Your Water Heater
A water heater usually lasts 8-12 years. If your water heater has reached that 12 year point, it may be time to preemptively consider having it replaced before issues occur. Residential water heaters in Vernon Hills, Illinois are available in three options: gas water heaters, electric water heaters, and tankless water heaters. In addition to the age of your property’s water heater, below are listed some other common signs to look out for that could signal that it’s time to have your home’s water heater replaced:
- Running water has rusty appearance instead of a clear appearance
- If the water looks murky or sandy, that could mean there’s build up collecting along the bottom of the tank
- If there’s a metallic taste or odor in the water, this could mean the tank is on the verge of breaking down. The metallic smell is caused by metal flakes literally flaking off and falling into the water.
- The water warms up but doesn’t really hot. Be sure double check that the thermostat is set in the vicinity of 120 and 140 degrees. If it’s set at the proper temperature range but the water is still failing to get very hot, call Capps.
- If you hear loud or unusual noises are coming from the water heater, contact Capps for inspection.
- The number of times and the length of time between repairs needed for your water heater could mean that your home’s water heater is beginning to break down. You can depend on the professionals at Capps Plumbing & Sewer Inc. to give you an honest, straightforward recommendation about whether it would be make more sense to repair your water heater or replace the water heater.
- If you start seeing leaks around the bottom of the water heater, don’t wait to call Capps. Our team is available for 24 hour emergency service throughout the Vernon Hills area. Even if the leaks don’t seem like a big deal, cracks can rupture and cause a mess in a short period of time. If you see leaks or water beginning to pool around your water heater, don’t hesitate. Call Capps immediately and we’ll have a crew dispatched to have the unit replaced to avoid potential water damage and cleanup repairs.