24/7 Emergency Service
Our emergency team will arrive at your door promptly within 60-90 minutes of your call.
Licensed Bonded & Insured
For your protection, we are Licensed, Bonded & Insured. Our technicians all undergo background checks and drug testing.
Our service area including Bensenville Illinois and the following areas: Cook County, DuPage County, Lake County & McHenry County
Choosing the Right Replacement Water Heater for Your Bensenville Home
Choosing a different type of water heater for your home rather than a conventional gas water heater is easier now than it ever was before! A lot of homes in Bensenville feature gas tank water heaters, but there are many different options that are available today! Listed below are some of the different types of water heater systerms available so you make an educated decision of which will be the best for your home:
Tankless Water Heater: A tankless water heater goes directly into your water line. A tankless water heater definitely takes up less space in your home. However, tankless water heaters need to be serviced every 5 years and heat your water regardless of what temperature is.
Electric Water Heater: These water heaters work very much like gas water heaters except that they’re powered by electricity instead of gas. Depending on the size of the tank, this may be very affordable, practical and even save you money on your monthly utility bills.
Solar Water Heaters: As the name suggests, solar water heaters harness the power of the sun to heat the water.
Tankless Coil and Indirect Water Heaters: Both of these water heaters go directly into your home’s heating system in order to heat the water.
Heat Pump Water Heaters: This system transfers heat from one area to another and generates heat directly for the water.
There are many determining factors to consider that go into choosing the best water heater for your home in Bensenville:
Size: What will the tank size need to be for your home? A bigger tank doesn’t mean that it’s better. In fact, a tank that’s too large could be costing you money by choosing something larger than your home really needs. On the other side, if a tank is too small, it will be inadequate. It won’t be able to meet the demand for hot water for your home. Tank size is also impacted by how much space is available.
Energy Efficiency: You can save on your monthly utility bills with energy efficient water heaters. Models that are energy efficient will heat your water with less energy. This can add up to significant savings.
Costs: As with other projects, it all comes down to getting the best for your home as economically as possible. Capps Plumbing offers discounts on water heater options.
Signs Your Need To Replace Or Repair Your Water Heater
A water heater will typically last approximately 8-12 years on average. If your water heater has surpassed that 12 year mark, replacement is strongly encouraged before it breaks down. Water heaters in Bensenville, Illinois come in three options: gas water heaters, electric water heaters, and tankless water heaters. In addition to the age of your water heater, listed below are some other common warning signs that may indicate that your water heater needs replacement:
- The water has a rusty color rather than clear when it’s running.
- The water appears muddy or sandy. If this occurring, it could signal that there’s a build up at the bottom of the tank
- If you detect a metallic taste or odor in the water when drinking it, your tank could be breaking down. The metallic taste is caused by small bits of metal that are quite literally flaking off and getting into your water.
- The water gets warm but won’t get hot. First, double check your thermostat and be sure it is set between 120 and 140 degrees. If it’s set at the proper temperature range but the water still isn’t getting sufficiently hot, contact Capps.
- If loud and unusual noises are coming from your water heater, get in touch with Capps.
- The frequency and the space of time between when repairs are done to your water heater may indicate that your water heater needs to be replaced with a new one. You can trust Capps Plumbing to provide you a fair and honest recommendation regarding whether you should repair your water heater or replace the water heater altogether.
- If water is beginning to pool around the bottom of your water heater, don’t hesitate to call Capps. This usually means that your water heater is breaking down and it will need to be replaced immediately. Even if the leak is small, these cracks can rupture and cause massive water damage. If you see water around your water heater, don’t put it off. Call Capps to have the water heater replaced right away to avoid potential water damage and a lot of hassle.