Choosing the Right Water Heater for Your Villa Park Home
Nowadays choosing a different type of water heater rather than a conventional gas water heater is easier than ever before! Many homes in Villa Park usually feature gas tank water heaters, but there are so many different options you can choose from today! Here are a few different types of water heater systems so you can choose what’s best for your home:
Tankless Water Heater: A tankless water heater goes directly into your water line. This investment will save space in your home. While tankless water heaters save you space, keep in mind that they’ll need to be serviced every 5 years and heat your water no matter what temperature it is.
Electric Water Heater: These work very similarly to a gas water heater but they’re powered by electricity instead. Depending on tank size for your home, this choice can be very affordable and save you money monthly on your utility bills.
Solar Water Heaters: Harnesses the power of the sun to heat your water.
Tankless Coil and Indirect Water Heaters: Both of these water heaters go directly into your home’s heating system in order to heat your home’s water.
Heat Pump Water Heaters: This moves heat from one place to another and generates heat directly for the water.
There are three main factors to take into consideration when choosing which water heater is the best option for your home in Villa Park:
Size: What size water heater will your home require? Bigger isn’t always better. In fact, you could be wasting money. However, too small and you will always run the out of hot water. Size of the tank can also be impacted by the amount space allocated for the tank.
Energy Efficiency: You can lower your monthly utility bills costs with a new water heater. By choosing an energy efficient model, you can heat your water for a lot less energy consumption and money.
Costs: As with most things, the bottom line comes down to how much you have budgeted for a new system. Capps Plumbing offers discounts on water heater options.
Signs Your Need To Replace Or Repair Your Water Heater
A water heater typically lasts approximately 8-12 years. If your water heater is beyond that 12 year mark, it is time to replace your unit. Water heaters in Villa Park, Illinois typically come in three options: gas water heaters, electric water heaters, and tankless water heaters. In addition to the age of your water heater, below are some other key signs that it might be time to replace your water heater:
- You see rusty water coming out instead of clear water
- If muddy or sandy water is present, this could indicate that there is a build up at the bottom of the tank
- If you are noticing a metallic taste or smell to it in the water when drinking it, this is a sign that your tank is breaking down and metal flakes are seeping in your water.
- The water is warm when it is flowing but not hot. Check that your thermostat is set between 120 and 140 degrees.
- You are hearing loud and unusual noises coming from your water heater.
- The frequency of times and the space of time between when repairs are done to your water heater indicate that your water heater might be breaking down. Capps Plumbing will always give you the best advice when it comes to whether it would be more financially prudent to repair your water heater or replace your water heater.
- If you are noticing leaks around the bottom of your water heater, this is also an indication that your unit needs to be replaced. Even if the leak is small, these cracks can rupture causing massive water damage in your home. If there is a leak and water pooling around your water heater, don’t hesitate to call Capps and get the unit replaced as soon as possible to avoid a real mess.