Choosing the Right Water Heater for Your Bannockburn Home
If you’re looking for a different type of water heater rather than a conventional gas water heater, it’s easier now than ever before! A lot of homes in Bannockburn rely on gas tank water heaters, but there are so many different choices available today! Listed below are some different types of water heater options available so you can make an informed decision of which system will be right for your home:
Tankless Water Heater: A tankless water heater goes directly into your water line. This investment definitely saves space in your home. With that in mind, tankless water heaters will require regular service every 5 years and heat your water regardless of what temperature it is.
Electric Water Heater: These units operate similarly to gas water heaters but they’re powered by electricity rather than gas. Depending on size of the tank, this option can be a very affordable and save you money on your monthly energy costs.
Solar Water Heaters: As the name implies, these systems harness the power of the sun to heat your water.
Tankless Coil and Indirect Water Heaters: Both of these water heaters go directly into your home’s heating system in order to heat the water.
Heat Pump Water Heaters: This system transfers heat from one place to another and generates heat directly for the water.
There are many different factors that can impact your decision when you decide which water heater will be the best choice for your home in Bannockburn:
Size: What tank size will your home need? Bigger doesn’t always mean better and you could be wasting money by opting for more than your home needs. Conversely, a unit that’s too small will be inadequate as it won’t be able to keep up with the demand for hot water. The tank’s size is also based on amount space that’s made available for installation.
Energy Efficiency: You can significantly reduce your monthly energy costs with a new water heater. Energy efficient models will heat your water with less energy consumption and that saves money.
Costs: Just like other home projects, the bottom line is getting your home what it needs as economically as possible. Capps Plumbing offers discounts on water heater options.
Signs Your Need To Replace Or Repair Your Water Heater
A typical water heater lasts approximately 8-12 years. If your water heater is beyond that 12 year mark, it’s time to replace it before it begins to break down. Water heaters in Bannockburn, Illinois come in three options: gas water heaters, electric water heaters, and tankless water heaters. In addition to the age of your water heater, listed below are some other common warning signs that foretell that it’s time to replace your water heater:
- Water appears rusty instead of clear when it is running.
- The water looks muddy or sandy. This could indicate build up at the bottom of the tank
- If you detect a metallic taste or odor in the water when drinking it, this could be a sign that your tank is beginning to break down. Metal deposits are literally flaking off and getting into your water.
- The water will get warmer but not hot. Double check that your thermostat is set between 120 and 140 degrees. If it is set at that range but the water still isn’t hot, contact Capps.
- If you are hearing loud and unusual noises coming from your water heater, contact Capps.
- The numbers of times and the space of time between when repairs are done to your water heater may indicate that your water heater is breaking down. Capps Plumbing will always give you an accurate and honest recommendation on whether it would make more sense to repair your water heater or replace the water heater altogether.
- If you are seeing leaks around the bottom of your water heater, do not put off taking immediate action. This is an indication that your water heater is breaking down and needs to be replaced right away. Even if the leak is small, these cracks can rupture and cause massive water damage in your home. If there is a leak or water pooling around your water heater, don’t hestitate. Call Capps and get the unit replaced as soon as possible to avoid a mess and a lot of inconvenience.